Apply for Music Mark Status
The deadline for applications was 29th June 2018, thank you for your entries. Please keep an eye out for the 2019 entry dates.
What is Music Mark?
Music Mark is a membership organisation which works to lead high-quality music education by influencing, supporting and connecting. Specifically:
- Influencing decision makers. Helping them to understand the important contribution that music makes to every school.
- Supporting the development of a coherent and high-quality music education for children and young people.
- Connecting the network of music services with the wider community of music educators.
What benefit will membership have for your school?
- Recognition that music is valued within the school. This recognition from your national subject association for music can contribute to the Ofsted requirement of a broad and balanced curriculum
- Use of the Music Mark School Member logo. Providing evidence of partnership working with the music service/music education hub
- Access to exclusive resources created by Music Mark for schools. This will include both practical resources and highlights from the latest research.
You can find out more via the music mark website: https://www.musicmark.org.uk/join/schools/
What do you need to do?
Schools can only join through Kent Music but it is FREE for you to do so. In order to become a member you will need to show us ONE OR MORE of the following:
- evidence of a willingness to engage in development conversations related to improving music provision
- recognition of the value of music education as part of a broad and balanced curriculum
- a strategy for music in place which provides for all children
We have emailed all schools inviting them to show us evidence if they would like to become members. If you have not seen the email and would like to join you will need to fill in the evidence form and send it back to us. You can get this from your Area Leader.