These are the criteria we require to be in place before starting to register teaching in your school:
- A valid risk assessment mist be in place (either yours or ours)
- All teaching rooms must be well ventilated and clean
- External staff are allowed entry
- We are able to provide a workable timetable
We are asking all our teachers to:
- Ensure good hygiene, especially frequent and thorough hand cleansing
- Clean surfaces like music stands and keyboards between lessons
- Maintain social distancing where possible: with non-blown instrument players a minimum of 1m apart and blown instrument players and singers 2m apart
- Follow public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19
We have also created a detailed set of guidance for them, to ensure that teaching will be as safe as possible.
In some cases, it may not be possible to return to lessons in your school yet. In these situations, pupils can be directed to our local Music Centres or online lessons as great alternatives!
Our full public guidance for pupils and their families can be found here.
We appreciate all the hard work being done in and out of school to ensure a safe and productive return to face-to-face learning. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can be of further assistance in bringing music to your school.