Our Future Music
As part of the ‘Our Future Music’ programme funded by Youth Music, Kent Music have been able to provide some of the above CPD about developing inclusive music practice.
Our Future Music is a regional programme addressing barriers to music-making for children and young people in a collaborative, innovative and sustainable way. Together, we:
- Co-develop diverse and inclusive musical programmes with young people
- Support young people with special educational needs and/or disability
- Facilitate youth-led music spaces, based in local communities
- Provide training and resources that incorporate inclusive approaches
- Co-develop and deliver inclusive activities with partner organisations
- Create new access points to Music Education Hubs for children and young people
This four-year programme will establish a 10-year strategy built on three strategic pillars, designed to impact on musical engagement, social mobility and community cohesion. Kent Music will be focusing on workforce training and professional development, supporting music leaders to develop more inclusive approaches.
As part of The Alliance for a Musically Inclusive England (AMIE), Our Future Music is delivered by the Southern Music Hub Alliance, and supported by Youth Music. The five music hub partners are:
- Brighton & Hove Music & Arts (SoundCity – lead partner)
- East Sussex Music Hub
- Kent Music
- Surrey Music Hub
- West Sussex Music