Terms and Conditions
Here you can find a list of our T’s & C’s. If you have any queries, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01622 691212.
Here you can find a list of our T’s & C’s. If you have any queries, please get in touch at email@example.com or 01622 691212.
1.) Website content
Kent Music (KM) makes every effort to ensure that the information on its website is accurate and up-to-date. However, KM cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused by reliance on inaccurate information contained on its site.
2.) Website links
Kent Music is not responsible for the content of external websites. The inclusion of a link to an external website from kent-music.com should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products and services).
KM cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
KM advises public users to read the privacy policies on all websites they visit.
Kent Music cannot accept responsibility for publicised events that are not organised by Kent Music.
4.) Data Protection
5.) Third Party Data Usage
6.) Your agreement
7.) Refund policy
Once we have been made aware of any refund due to you due to overpayment or non-delivery of services, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received all of the required information. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit/debit card or original method of payment, within 3 working days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit/debit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kent Music occasionally runs competitions or quizzes via our website, social media or printed marketing. All competitions are free to enter and the closing date and prize details are stated with the competition details. Winner(s) will be contacted within 30 days of closing date. Kent Music is committed to protected personal data of entrants and this data will not be used other than for the stated purpose of the competition, and will not be shared to third parties, unless stated otherwise. Unless stated otherwise in competition details, entrant(s) will be listed and winners chosen at random using website random number generator. If a prize is offered, no cash alternative or alternative prize will be available. Winner(s) may be asked if they would be happy for their name and other details, including photographs or video, to be used in publicity, but Kent Music will not use this personal information unless they have express permission in writing from the winner(s).
By ticking the box when you apply for lessons, ensembles, courses or any Kent Music activity at a Music Centre on our online application form, you agree to our Music Centre Terms and Conditions below, unless you notify us within 7 working days of receiving your offer confirmation (sent to the email address you supplied in your application) from Kent Music. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
1. Prospective new music centre members are entitled to attend their first session at a Kent Music Centre with no commitment. New members should join an ensemble via our website; you will then be contacted with information regarding how to attend their first session. After the first session, you must contact Kent Music via the relevant Area Coordinator or email@example.com within a week of attendance if you do not wish to continue with the group.
If you do not contact us, a commitment to continue with the ensemble will be assumed and the student will be contacted to confirm that they have formally joined the ensemble, and a non-refundable fee of £22.50 per term (with 6 terms in a year) will be incurred. This offer is applicable to new students only, or those that have not attended any Kent Music centre for 2 years or more.
2. If students are in receipt of instrumental or vocal lessons with Kent Music, whether in a school or at one of our music centres, they will be entitled to a 10% discount off their music centre membership fee (ensembles only).
3. Financial Assistance is available from Kent Music. Students awarded financial assistance for instrumental or vocal lessons are also entitled to 75% financial assistance towards the payment of centre membership. If financial assistance is only required for music centre membership, please download an application form from kent-music.com/financial-assistance.
4. Music centre membership entitles the student to access any Kent Music music centre ensemble or Music Lab across the county.
5. Kent Music aims to deliver a minimum of 30 sessions per academic year for ensembles at music centres. We will endeavour to make up sessions cancelled due to tutor illness or centre closure. However, music centre payment is an all-inclusive fee and offers access to multiple ensembles and centres; therefore, no credits or refunds will be given if fewer than 30 sessions are delivered.
6. Kent Music is unable to offer refunds or credits for ensemble sessions missed by the student. The only exception is an absence of 5 or more consecutive weeks due to illness in any one term when the fee for 5 sessions will normally be refunded on production of a doctors’ certificate.
7. Cancellation: To withdraw from music centre membership, notice must be given before the start of term, or the term’s full charges will automatically be applied. Notice must be sent by email to the relevant Area Coordinator, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by letter to Kent Music, Units 25 & 26, Creative Enterprise Quarter, Javelin Way, Ashford, TN24 8FN. Notice given verbally or in writing to the ensemble leader will not be regarded as notice. Refunds or credit will not be given if withdrawing midway through a term. Term dates can be found by clicking here.
8. If written notice is not received, a fee in lieu of notice of 40% of the fee for the term will be charged. Payment of this fee will not entitle the student to any further sessions.
9. You are entering into an ongoing Agreement for centre membership with Kent Music. Details of payment arrangements will be included with your invoice. We can accept payment online, by cheque, bank transfer, credit card and by standing order from your bank account. If you do not make a payment by the date shown on your invoice, we will send you a reminder. If you fail to respond to the reminder; we will regard this as a fundamental breach of the Agreement and the centre membership may be suspended. We cannot accept any responsibility for disruption to centre membership from late payment. If you have difficulty in paying, please get in touch.
10. Kent Music reserves the right to review these terms from time to time, normally at the end of an academic year. You will have the option to accept the revised terms or withdraw from centre membership if we change our terms. If we advise you of any material change to these terms to your detriment without giving sufficient notice to enable you to withdraw from the Agreement by the specified date, you will not be required to pay a fee in lieu of notice in respect of the following term.
This Agreement is governed by English Law.
Please keep in mind that the below Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with Kent Music’s General Terms & Conditions (above).
Each booking will be processed on receipt of an online application form. To apply please visit www.kent-music.com/kent-music-summer-school/ and follow links to courses.
Bookings will be acknowledged within 7 working days of receipt. When your booking is confirmed you will be contacted with an invoice and payment information. A deposit of £35 is required upon receipt of your invoice to secure your place. Please do not make a payment until you have received your confirmation email and invoice.
Early booking is strongly recommended to secure your place. If a course (or section of a course) is full, your booking will be placed on a waiting list and you will be advised if a place becomes available.
You will receive an invoice with your booking confirmation and we ask that £35 of this total is paid on receipt as a non-refundable deposit to secure your place.
You will be able to pay this invoice in one lump sum or by instalments of your choice through your SpeedAdmin account. Course fees must be received in full no later than the 2nd July 2022. If you would like to discuss an alternative payment plan or you are awaiting confirmation of financial assistance, please email email@example.com
You will receive the course joining instructions no later than the end of June 2022. These will give you final details on plans for the course, accessing the site, what to bring and more.
Cancellation Procedure and Refunds
Withdrawal by student
Notice to withdraw must be given in writing, either by letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation will be confirmed by e-mail within 15 working days of receipt; the refund amount will be verified.
If a student is unable to attend a course the following refund policy will apply:
Withdrawal notification received by email@example.com
Please note: The refund policy applies to all registered students regardless of their date of registration or when/if payments have been made.
Withdrawal due to illness or accident
If a student is unable to attend due to illness or accident, we request you send us the doctor and/or hospital certificate to confirm. In this instance a refund, less £35.00 deposit will be processed. Please note, this applies to all medical conditions including Covid related withdrawals.
Cancellations by Kent Music
Should Kent Music cancel any KMSS courses, a full refund including the deposit will be processed.
All refunds will be processed as soon as possible and no later than 09 September 2022.
For the purpose of this agreement “Term” refers to one of the following periods: Autumn (September to December), Spring (January to March), Summer (April to July)
Please send all written communications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to our head office:
Units 25 & 26, Creative Enterprise Quarter
In the event of staff absence due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances, Kent Music reserves the right to deploy substitute teachers to complete the tuition arranged under the Service Level Agreement (SLA). This will be done in consultation with the school.
Schools must let the Kent Music customer services team know in writing at the start of this agreement about any trips, closures or dates when teaching cannot take place. A minimum of four weeks’ notice should be given of any cancelled teaching session. However, if closures are unforeseen, please endeavour to give at least a week’s written notice (email is acceptable).
All communication regarding changes should be through Kent Music Customer Services and not with the teacher. At the end of each academic year, schools will be contacted directly by Kent Music in the summer term to confirm or make changes to the next year’s provision.
Kent Music cannot take responsibility for lessons cancelled by the school but does agree to re-arrange lessons by mutual agreement provided advance notice has been given and provided there is enough time left in the academic year. Missed sessions will not be carried over into subsequent academic years.
Kent Music will only change or cancel teaching in the following circumstances:
If the school wishes to cancel, the school agrees to provide half a term’s notice to enable Kent Music to give notice to the teacher. This must be sent in writing by email or by letter before the half-term holiday. Notice given verbally or in writing to the teacher will not be registered as notice. Cancellation dates can also be found on the Music Lessons page of our website kent-music.com/music-lessons
If a school would like to raise any concerns or complaints about the Agency Project or a Kent Music teacher deployed to them for Agency Project provision they can do so by emailing the details to our customer services department. All complaints/issues must be submitted in writing. If any issue or complaint brought by the school leads to a Kent Music teacher withdrawing from the provision, Kent Music will work with the school to reschedule the teaching. If a school decides to not accept any alternative offer made to them they will need to source alternative provision and cancel their SLA with Kent Music. Refunds of the school’s payment – in full or pro rata – can be given providing that there has not been a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The school agrees to make prompt payment within 14 days on receipt of Kent Music invoices.
Kent Music reserves the right to review these terms from time to time, normally at the end of an academic year. You will have the option to accept the revised terms or withdraw from future Agency Projects if we change our terms. If we advise you of any material change to these terms to your detriment without giving sufficient notice to enable you to withdraw from the Agreement by the specified date, you will not be required to pay a fee in lieu of notice in respect of the following term.